Help

Re: Create a profile image (as seen in MS Teams) using initials from {firstname} {lastname}

Solved
Jump to Solution
7145 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hairtable
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m trying to work this one out but I don’t have sufficient coding experience to really crack it.

I’m looking to generate an image into a dedicated field, based on a record’s {firstname} {lastname} fields.

Examples of code to do this are here: javascript - How do I set profile image as first letters of first and last name? - Stack Overflow

Can these easily be turned into a script?

If it isn’t possible to create an image file, generating unique embed codes per record might be just as useful.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I don’t know JavaScript, but if you want to do this in a low-code/no-code way that doesn’t require any scripting at all, then I would just use an image generation service like BannerBear or APITemplate and automate it with Integromat:

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I don’t know JavaScript, but if you want to do this in a low-code/no-code way that doesn’t require any scripting at all, then I would just use an image generation service like BannerBear or APITemplate and automate it with Integromat:

Hairtable
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is a massive help. I’ve used Airtable-Zapier-Bannerbear to progress this since your reply. It’s looking good :slightly_smiling_face: Much thanks. @ScottWorld

Just throwing another option out there. I love the idea of Bannerbear, but IMO that’s a fairly expensive service if all you need to do is create those badge images. I would probably take the CSS part of the solution that you found on Stack Overflow, build that into a bare-bones HTML string, then use CloudConvert to turn the HTML into a JPG or PNG image. CloudConvert’s fees would probably be far less in the long run compared to Bannerbear, and you can still pull it all together with Integromat’s CloudConvert integration.