462 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pray_Nadal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone, I’m new to Airtable and I would like to seek some help on the project I’m creating.

I have a 3000+ collection of listings worldwide. These listings are currently divided into four in according to continents. Then main destination which is the country, sub divided into region.

Sample 1: Asia and Oceania > Thailand > Phuket
Sample 2: Europe > Greek > Paros
Sample 3: Americas and The Caribbeans > Mexico > Tulum
Sample 4: Africa > South Africa

Moreover, I have them posted on different channels that I need to keep track.
Channels: website, guesty, airbnb, other OTA’s

Each listings have unique statuses on each channels:

Sample: Swiss Villa
guesty: listed
airbnb: connected
OTA’s: rejected

What my goal is to keep track on how many are “online”, “listed”, “connected”, “rejected” on each channels we have for each of destinations we offer and of course its total tracking numbers as a whole.

I hope you help me out to figure out or I can also have you work on it with pay. Please be in touch with me ASAP. Thank you very much.

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 5.38.39 AM

2 Replies 2

Hi @Pray_Nadal - looking at your screenshot, the key recommendation I would make is not to split your properties by location into different tables. I’m assuming that Gstaad, Zermatt and the other tables have the same structure as Verbier.

A better base design would be to have one table with all properties in (with an additional column for the location). With this structure you can filter to see any combination of attributes.

Right now, you can see everything in Verbier, everything in Verbier for Guesty and everything in Verbier for Guesty that is “unlisted” for example. But if you want to find the set of properties in any location for Guesty that is unlisted…you can’t do that with your current structure.

Put all properties in one table and you will be able to query on any combination of values.

Rebecca_Parten
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I came to the help section because I have a very similar design dilemma. Right now my content is split up into 3 distinct category tables (like your countries). When I went to add more content today I realized that some of my records apply to more than 1 category though. I don’t want to have to update duplicate records just because of being on different tables. I know I could set up a master table with an additional field and then use filters like @JonathanBowen suggested but I’m worried about creating too many different views and it getting difficult to find the one I want in the list. (Right now I’m on the free plan so don’t have the sections option).

My question is: can I have a master table and then create additional tables syncing the info (utilizing filters to pull only specific records) from the master table?