Help

Creating new projects and standard task lists?

994 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HammerOz
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi there

I am pretty new to Airtable. I am looking to test it for project management of client projects. I assume this is quite common.

I want to maintain an overall view or context of clients and projects. As I understand it I need everything in one base.
I do a few different types of projects that have standard task lists.

If I create a new project, is it possible to get airtable to refer to a master task list and add relevant tasks as related items to a project?

I am keen to hear how people manage repetitive item lists that are added to new records as related items. I hope this makes sense.

3 Replies 3
Bryan_Adams
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m a similar newbie with similar questions!

A way of nesting sub-tasks (repetitive, standardised list) for each project site would be great, especially if:

• Each individual subtask could be pre-delegated to a particular team member

• Subtasks could be related both to their parent main task, and each other, in terms of dependency ie task D can’t be done until A & B are completed.

Likewise keen to hear how people are managing the “repetitive checklists” for multiple records.
So far I like what I see in Airtable.
A method for managing the above requirements is the only thing stopping me from adopting Airtable wholesale for Project Management tracking.

Hi Bryan

My understanding (which may well be wrong) is that this functionality is outside of airtable’s current capabilities. Airtable doesn’t include internal workflows and zapier is too basic.

How this would work if the functionality did exist:

• A task master table with a field “Project Type” has the lists.
  • When a new project is created and a project type is specified, a workflow is triggered that goes to the master task table and appends all tasks that match the project type as new records in a project tasks table.

Anyway I didn’t get a response here and I am shifting my focus back to platforms that enable workflows internally.

Hi and thanks for that.

A shame. This would be the primary usage model for me.
I don’t really need a database as such.
What I need is a task-tracker with a boatload of subtasks, that is easily reproducible for each site…