876 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pamela_Hannon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m trying to upload a set of data using the CSV import block - wondering if when you get the warning of ‘2 cell values couldn’t be mapped’ there’s any way to see which cells that is referring to. Does anyone know?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pamela_Hannon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@ScottWorld Thanks! I actually just figured it out - when you hit ‘save records’, it tells you what the error is before you continue.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Just curious: how big is the CSV file that you’re trying to import? Airtable’s limit on importing CSV files is a 5 MB CSV file.

Pretty small (large data set was misleading) - less than 100 rows and maybe 15 columns

Ah, gotcha, thanks.

I suppose that the CSV import block doesn’t give very helpful error messages as to which cells have failed, so you might need to email support@airtable.com about this.

However, here are a few possible ideas to look into:

• It’s possible that you might be trying to import 2 of your columns into single-select fields or multi-select fields, which might not accept imported data that doesn’t meet the already predefined options that you’ve defined for those fields in Airtable.

• It’s possible that you might be trying to import into date fields, but the dates aren’t formatted in a way that Airtable can understand.

• It’s possible that you might be trying to import into a formula field, which can’t accept imports.

Pamela_Hannon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@ScottWorld Thanks! I actually just figured it out - when you hit ‘save records’, it tells you what the error is before you continue.