687 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brent_Navratil
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am looking to merge two of the same contacts with Dedupe that have different information but when using Dedupe it shows the two contacts and makes me pick one to use and the other to delete. How do I merge them so there is one contact with all the information.

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Brent_Navratil!

Unfortunately, there is no built-in way to merge data, which seems like a shortsighted decision by Airtable. I would submit this as a feature request to support@airtable.com.

Rachel_Niemer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

When you see the two contacts, you can choose one as the primary record and then click all of the fields in the non-primary records that you want merged (with the plus sign to the right of the field name). Then it will merge all of those fields that you affirmatively select but only keep the “primary record” information for the fields that you don’t.

Ha, I’ve never noticed those plus signs before!

Unfortunately, it looks like those “merge plus signs” only work for a few types of fields: linked record fields, single-select fields, multi-select fields, and attachment fields.

It would truly be powerful if Airtable rolled out this feature to more field types — primarily “single line text” and “long text” fields, which seem to be the 2 big missing ones here. Please be sure to email support@airtable.com to ask them to rollout this merge feature to more field types!