918 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterMengO
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is anyone aware of a method to convert records displayed in the Designer Block into individual PNG’s? Or even better save them back into the attachment field of it’s own record. I’ve built an ad builder that creates nice looking product ads from my data but currently have to screenshot them, or print tp PDF and then convert. Both are a hassle. Could this be done with the new Script Block? Not being a JS programmer I wouldn’t know. THANKS for any ideas or hacks!

4 Replies 4

Pretty sure it can’t be done with the script block.

Page Designer is like Las Vegas; what goes to Page Designer stays in Page Designer.

I have a client who expressed a similar frustration and ultimately created an API process that pulled the data into Google Slides where the ads were created with great pixel precision blending the data from Airtable. This worked out pretty well because each ad was then stored into Google Drive as a PNG and also automatically shared to various workers and emailed automatically.

PeterMengO

Thanks Bill, That’s a good hack. Would be great if the solution were integrated into AT. Yesterday I put together my own hack. Not elegant but it works using Acrobat and an action in photoshop. Takes a couple of minutes to process 100 images, instead of the 10 seconds if this were a feature, but it works. Maybe someone will craft an extension for managing Page Design Blocks.

That’s a creative approach. You can bet on the emergence of better plugins now that Custom Blocks is in beta.

Awesome. I didn’t realize Custom Blocks were coming. I have ideas for a ton of them.

Bill.French
Bill.French

March 6

c5f22f835bd6b3adff504a36a41f5ee031ee4b9f.jpeg PeterMengO:
Maybe someone will craft an extension for managing Page Design Blocks.

That’s a creative approach. You can bet on the emergence of better plugins now that Custom Blocks is in beta.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

PeterMengO
PeterMengO

March 6

Thanks Bill, That’s a good hack. Would be great if the solution were integrated into AT. Yesterday I put together my own hack. Not elegant but it works using Acrobat and an action in photoshop. Takes a couple of minutes to process 100 images, instead of the 10 seconds if this were a feature, but i…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

……………………………………………

J. Peter Meng
Founder & CEO
adFreeq, LLC dba/ AdKiosks

pmeng@AdKiosks.com
573-823-8473
https://www.AdKiosks.com

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

(Attachment PastedGraphic-3.tiff is missing)