cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayK
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey all,

I might have been swept up in some A/B testing, but I’ve started seeing an “Email me a copy of my responses” checkbox at the bottom of some of my forms some of the time. When the box is checked, it opens up a yellow email field.

2022-08-25 chrome 1661445929

When I put in my email I get a receipt and my browser is redirected to an airtable.com signup form.

My question is, does anyone know how to turn it off?

My feedback for the Airtable team:

I like the receipt capability, that’s a great addition.

But on this particular form (and many others like it) I don’t want people to be diverted to create an account. Oftentimes the form is one step in a longer journey/process I’ve created. This changes disrupts all that since I can’t enable/disable or - for now - even predict when I’ll see this feature.

In our use case, 99% of people filling out my forms have no reason to join airtable. It’s not like they would get to see the record they just created. I understand you probably want to drive new user growth, but I don’t think there’s much overlap between filling out a form and creating a brand-new account. It would make much more sense to try to sign someone up from the email receipt.

7 Replies 7

Sounds like you’re in A/B testing to gauge interest in this change. I would submit your feedback directly to support@airtable.com

Stress that for your use case and likely many others, redirecting someone to sign up for Airtable is not desirable.

Airtable forms on higher tier plans let you turn off Airtable branding on forms. What plan is your base on? If its on Pro, does turning off the Airtable branding prevent the redirect?

Thanks, Kamille. I’ll email them directly as well.

We are on the pro plan and the branding is turned off.

Good to know. I would also add that to your email. If branding is turned off, naturally the form should not redirect people to more Airtable branding.

B_A_P
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am also seeing this garbage intermittently on my forms. As the OP noted, this is completely unacceptable and it breaks our business flow. I am also on the Pro plan and have Airtable branding turned off for the form.

This is a bad implementation on any plan, but especially for paying Pro customers. Navigating the user’s browser away from my website – when the user is right in the middle of interacting with my website – totally breaks the entire purpose here. You can do better, Airtable.

Mandatory A/B testing for things like these is a no go imo :grimacing:

RayK

I don’t think any vitriol is appropriate. They tried something and it didn’t work for us. It seems like they responded to my support email very quickly - I haven’t seen it since.

I do hope they bring the email receipt option back (sans redirect)!

aideinfooxalis

Any news about this because this function is very not appropriate for our usage too and it could not even be translated 😕