543 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julie_Nevin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast
  1. Can a form respondent receive a copy of their form data?
  2. Can a form respondent subsequently edit their form data?
    I haven’t found a way to do either, so if there is a way, please point me to it :slightly_smiling_face:
    Many thanks for your help,
    Julie
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto
  1. Yes, you can set up an automation to email somebody with all the data from their record.

2. There’s no straightforward way for someone to edit their data in Airtable. There are a few clunky workarounds in Airtable, such as pre-filling a form in a new table with the old data, and then using an automation to move the submitted form information into the old table. But that is prone to breakage, especially if someone changes whatever you use as their identifying information on the form. A more straightforward & much cleaner process would be to use the advanced form from MiniExtensions.com, which lets people do live editing of their own Airtable data:

p.s. If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you set any of this up, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com:

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto
  1. Yes, you can set up an automation to email somebody with all the data from their record.

2. There’s no straightforward way for someone to edit their data in Airtable. There are a few clunky workarounds in Airtable, such as pre-filling a form in a new table with the old data, and then using an automation to move the submitted form information into the old table. But that is prone to breakage, especially if someone changes whatever you use as their identifying information on the form. A more straightforward & much cleaner process would be to use the advanced form from MiniExtensions.com, which lets people do live editing of their own Airtable data:

p.s. If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you set any of this up, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com:

Many thanks. I’ll investigate automations and the extension you suggest.

I don’t think we have the budget for the miniExtensions app, unfortunately…