Help

Editor access- How to make anyone can sign up and post and edit their own post?

Topic Labels: Admin Collaboration Data
1092 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pyoyo66
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm on free plan, I'm creating a website that anyone can sign up and post, and edit their own post. is this consider editor access? but I cannot achieve this, the  created by  only show my own admin account

pyoyo66_0-1674374893368.png

3 Replies 3
Soly
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @pyoyo66 !

It seems to me that it may be the access level of your table that makes you appear as creator everytime. In a free Airtable plan, when you want to share a base with others, the access level is set to "view" by default, which means that the users you share the base with can only view the records, and cannot make any changes to the records.

You would need to upgrade to a paid Airtable plan, which allows you to set the access level to "edit." So other users can create, edit their own records and have their names appear in "Created by".

This is an excerpt from this article about how users can be added to your table :

Soly_0-1674377138964.png

This article details the permissions levels with a nice table and which actions they can do : 

https://support.airtable.com/docs/permissions-overview

What are you using to build your website and allow edit access?

If you are using a portal system, such as Softr, MiniExtensions, Glide, Stacker, etc. Then access to the Airtable is through the credentials of the person setting up the integration, and any data changes performed through that portal system will appear to be done by that person, not the person actually using the portal.

Liamsnocodedrip
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi!

You could definitely accomplish this with Stacker. You can:

- Allow users to sign up and log into your site

- Set permissions so that users could manage their own posts

- Set a created by field to identify who made the post

Let me know if you need more help!