cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benito_Abraham
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Good afternoon to everybody,

I have developed a database with a shared view lo be uploaded to a web site, the problem that I am having is that when I expand a linked filed in the shared view it only shows me the primary key of the linked field , and I can´t see the other fields of the linked field.

Does anyone have any solution?

Thank you

Benito

6 Replies 6
Alex_Wolfe
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi there - I think it is an issue with your shared view link. When you create a shared view link, there is an option to “Show all fields in expanded records.” I’d say confirm that is turned on then test it!

Thank you Alex, I think that option is related to the hidden fields but Im gonna test it anyway

Regards

Benito

Michael_Taylor
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I just ran into the same issue. It would be very helpful being able to expand records in a shared view link.

I tried switching on the “Show all fields in expanded records”, but that just enables the end user to see all the hidden fields in the view that is shared to them, not linked records within the view.

gleb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same!

Would like to be able to share a view with externals and give the possibility to expand the linked records - which is the main reason for using Airtable in this case!

Piano_Sensei
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like this feature, too!

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Since this is not currently possible in Airtable, one option is to use third-party integrations. You can add a lookup field for our extension Share Public Link for Individual Record. Which would allow your users to click on a link to see a linked record’s details in a new tab.