5606 52
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simonden
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Recently, and inconsistently, when I update a field, the Chrome prompt for Update Password comes up. If I'm updating many fields, it keeps coming up. Extremely annoying to say the least. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution? I don't get this behavior in other browsers, but I'm pulling data from Google Drive and I find working in Chrome easiest. I've got a Windows 10 64-bit laptop with Chrome Version 117.0.5938.150.

Thanks!

52 Replies 52

single line text for me. Screenshot 2023-10-13 085949.png

MDminuth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

When I changed my field to Long Text, the problem went away. It's just a workaround though until support responds. 

That worked for me.  Thank you!!!

SW_House

It happens with many input fields like Single line text, Email, Number, Currency, Percent, etc. Unfortunately, changing these fields to multiline texts is unacceptable to me.

deerheart27

This issue is happening to me too. I've noticed it happening on Single Line Text and Number fields.

roomonthebroom
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also happening for me on both my macbook air & macbook pro on Chrome version 117.0.5938.149. You can turn off "Offer to save passwords" from the chrome/google password manager, but that applies to every site obviously and can be easy to forget to turn back on.

I'm on Windows, and it the same for me 😞

Yes, single-line text. If I change the field type to long text the problem goes away. But of course, it's inconvenient.

MDminuth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you all for the additional information.

I have not yet received a solution from support and will post as soon as I can. They did not indicate they knew of a problem, but the more I use Airtable, the more the issue pops up on NUMEROUS fields. Yes, it's annoying. 

Erin_Alter
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Chiming in to say i have been experiencing the same bug. hopefully airtable will sort it out soon. it is super irritating.