Help

Re: Form inputs do not match grid view order that its limited to, but ONLY if you start searching

282 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Buck
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m relatively new to the platform, so please forgive any vernacular discrepancies on my part!

So I’ve got a base with two tables. One table is a static list of assets (Asset Table), the second table is a list of requests (with inputs driven by a form, Form Table) that my coworkers use to make requests relating to those assets. I use a Link’d field as one of the input of the form, so my coworkers can choose which asset they’re submit a request on I’ve got that question in the form set to use a particular grid view within the Asset Table with a few filters and a sort applied to it.

Everything works really well… except the order of units in the search function? The question in the form where you pick the asset has an + Add button, and you can scroll through the assets, or start typing to search and jump to what you’re looking for. When you take the time and scroll through, the units are in the proper order - matching the order on the grid view in the Asset Table that the question is limited to. But when you start typing free form text, the units DO NOT appear in that same order…

Any ideas on how to correct?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Mike_Buck! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Unfortunately that record search functionality is hard-coded into Airtable, and there’s nothing that the user can do to control how matching items are returned for display. It is a little surprising that record order from the selected view isn’t maintained, though. If you haven’t already done so, I recommend talking with Airtable support directly about this.