722 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Laird
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have an Airtable base that includes a Form View in a particular Table. I would like to be able to create a new Record in that Table and fill in some, but not all, of the fields for that Record. I’d like for the remaining fields for that record to be filled in by someone else. Can I send a URL that is unique to that record for that person to go to and fill in the remaining fields?

2 Replies 2
John_Beaudoin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

John,

You can send a unique URL for the record but the recipient needs to have editing permission. I’m not an expert on Airtable’s permissions, so I’d advise you to read about them first. You can grab the URL by “control-clicking” on the record name and selecting “Copy record URL.” Clicking on that link will open up the record in the context of the view from which you copied it. You can expose the URL for each record in a formula field with the formula ‘https://airtable.com/tbleID/viwID/’ & RECORD_ID(), where tbleID and viwID are the actual table and view IDs.

You can automate the process even further if you need to. Let’s say you’ve filled out some of the fields on three new records in your table. You can create a view that filters on incomplete records, which creates a “task list” for your co-worker(s). A one-step Zap from Zapier can send an email, text or Slack message to your coworker that alerts them there’s a new task in the list. You could also embed the “task list” view on a website.

Again, this requires that the coworker can edit an existing record. If you coworker doesn’t have editing permissions, you can do something like this with a more complex Zap, but how that would work depends on your circumstances.

JB

John, thanks so much for your suggestions – I’ll give them a try. -John