1630 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
southwest
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I know a few years ago it was not possible, but I'm curious to know if anything has changed. I have a long form that I'd like to split into multiple pages. Is this still impossible to do in Airtable? Is my only solution to use an external service like JotForm?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @southwest 

Multiple pages(steps) for the form are still not available in the Airtable.

But there are show/hide fields based on specific conditions you can set on every field.

You can also check Fillout for the forms.

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7
dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @southwest 

Multiple pages(steps) for the form are still not available in the Airtable.

But there are show/hide fields based on specific conditions you can set on every field.

You can also check Fillout for the forms.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Just repeating & reiterating what @dilipborad mentioned above.

@dilipborad‘s recommendation is the best way to go.

As of 2023, Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable came on the market and it is 100% free and it is the #1 best form tool for Airtable.

Fillout offers multi-page forms for Airtable, conditional paths for pages, accepting payments on forms, updating Airtable records from a form, creating linked records on a form, displaying lookup fields and formulas on forms, and dozens of advanced features that are all Airtable-specific and are not available in Airtable’s forms.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

southwest

Thank you both for your input! Have you found Fillout to be better than JotForm?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, I always turn to Fillout first for all of my Airtable consulting clients.

These are your top 2 options for Airtable:

1. Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable: If you're looking for direct & live integration with Airtable, there is no better form tool on the market that has better communication with Airtable than Fillout. It offers hundreds of features that Airtable's native forms don't offer, and it is built from the ground up to work with Airtable. It is also 100% free to use!

Fillout offers hundreds of features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including the ability to update Airtable records from a form, display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, conditionally & dynamically filter which linked records can be chosen, perform math or other live calculations on your forms, accept payments on forms, create multi-page forms with conditional paths, create new linked records on a form, display as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachment fields), connect a single form to dozens of external apps simultaneously, limit the number of linked records that can be chosen, upload an unlimited amount of attachments simultaneously, add CAPTCHAs to your form, add choice matrixes to your forms, integrate Google Maps onto your forms, and so much more. 

2. JotForm: If you're looking for the most versatile form software that doesn't communicate live with your Airtable bases, JotForm has more options than any other form software on the Internet. However, the most it can do with Airtable is just send your form submissions to Airtable (in a limited fashion). So if you needed to do anything advanced with your form submissions (after the forms are submitted), you would likely would need to use Make's JotForm integrations.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

southwest

Wonderful, thanks so much!

Jotform integrates directly with Airtable.

Fazia_Fayyaz_0-1713633112505.png

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, now JotForm supports sending form submissions to Airtable. At the time of the original post above, JotForm was not yet supporting Airtable's new security methods, so JotForm customers were required to find other ways to connect JotForm to Airtable.

Although Fillout is still the superior form app for Airtable, because it was built from the ground up for live communication with Airtable.