3997 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amy_Stout
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello there!  New to AirTable.  On a small website  I have a small Contact Form that is populating data into my table inside of AirTable.  It's all working just fine in a local site (not live yet, but it works)  I only have a few fields, which are getting returned to am email notification automation, but the fields are all showing up in the email notification all squished together and look like this:    Pennyinfo@info.comI'm stuckmonday

My fields are:  Name, Email, Message, and BestDay   So, you can see that the info IS getting to me which is great but how can I get the fields to at least show on a different line in the email I receive?  It's too hard for me to read ;-)!

I understand how to use markdown for the rest of the body of the email, but not understanding how to format the actual 'data' that is coming in to me via a contact form on my site after it lands in AirTable??   I tried putting the fields inside of curly braces but that did not work either...

** Any help is appreciated ahead of time!!  Thank you!

18 Replies 18
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Do you receive the airtable notification because you are using external resources (like the website that manage the form) or because you set up an automation to send email? 

No problem 😊

Sorry for my delay... was gone for a few days!

Yes, All of my data is on one line 🙂

Email Automation Setup:

https://prnt.sc/HZhcDoCfCFiR

*might have to right click and choose 'open in a new tab for that link above'

Thank you!!!

Amy

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Have you tried to add <br> <br> after each field? 

like:  Name   <br> <br>  email 

Amy_Stout

I think that was the first thing I tried 😉  Will try now and post back!  

Thank you!!

haha it's almost comical, well no I'm still doing something wrong: you can still see the data above all squished together; followed by normal html... 

Screenshot:   https://prnt.sc/_YxwVmKPFNxv

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You have to add them as you did before, clicking on +

55.PNG

one field, after <br> and after click again on + and select the other field etc

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It seems that you just Type the column name. 

Amy_Stout

Ongosh LOL that worked!!  Thank you!!  Wonder if the instructions for that could be updates slightly; I never would have been able to figure that out without this thread!  (that's why the Community is so great tho ❤ )

Thank you so much!  I will mark as solved!

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Aahah no problem! I'm happy that we were able to solve your problem 😊 

Have a great day 😊