cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KP217
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello,
I am trying to take one column with a day/hour field (Start Date) and use a Single-Select (Time zone) to create an updated day/hour column.
Currently, I use New York time on all the other dates but I need to be able to see a different version of the time in cases when I am collaborating with people internationally.
Time zones would be ‘Africa/Laos’,‘Africa/Maputo’,‘Africa/Nairobi’ etc.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Edit: I have looked at this sample base and get what it’s trying to do, but I don’t know how to alter it for my purpose.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KP217
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you so much! I appreciate your help. That worked great.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

I’ve created an instructional video for my time zone base. Link to the video in the description here:

Hi Scott. Thanks! I did view it when I copied the base. Ordinarily if I’m given the base to work with, I can update it. However, these date/time formulas are more difficult and I can’t figure out how to update it for my purpose. Any advice on helping me move from the example to my needs would be much appreciated.

You can convert the time zone with this formula. Assuming two existing fields, Start Date (Date) and Time Zone (Single Select)

DATETIME_FORMAT(SET_TIMEZONE({Start Date}, {Time Zone}),'LLLL')

You can populate your Single Select with timezones from this list: SET_TIMEZONE - Supported Timezones | Airtable Support

All the formulas are already set for you. If you need to add additional time zones, then be sure to pull from the list of time zones on this page:

KP217
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you so much! I appreciate your help. That worked great.