2368 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William_Coron
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I was trying to make a form that was sort of an order form and my formula field with the total cost of the items wasn’t on my form. I had no way to add it.

I tried on a form for another table that was similar and it didn’t work there either.

Is this not currently supported?

8 Replies 8
Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It is not possible to display formula fields on your form.

But Airtable does provide you with an API which you could use to link a “custom” form to your base.
On this custom form you could then display the total cost of the items etc.

By “custom” form, I mean a form built using Java, .NET, PHP etc.

You might also want to look into prefilling a form, to prefill the total cost of the items

Check this out.

Prefilling a form

When making an Airtable form, you can use prefill_ parameters in the URL of the form to prefill specific fields. Find the URL for the form you wish to prefill. Once you get the form URL, you can ...

I will look into prefilling. Thanks!

Is this something that might get implemented down the road?

Alex_Evers

+1 I would highly support being able to show calculated fields as well as look up fields on forms. This would really enhance the forms feature to another level.

Megan_Bishop
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Seems incredibly silly not to be able to show formula fields on a form. I really wish they would add this as a feature!

Arthur_Godiva
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Throwing my vote in for this!! A big feature of many form apps is the ability to do a quiz or calculator especially outgrow which charges crazy pricing for it.

Mick_Wheaton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for adding this feature :thumbs_up:
It would be great to be able to make a registration form where the multiple attendees could be added to the same form and be able to have a formula field at the bottom which identifies the price for the group.

Andreas_Dalen

This is a must! It’s the only thing I need on my form, otherwise I have to change back to another creator… Again. Any ideas when this is coming?

Hi @Andreas_Dalen, check out https://beenform.co. lt prefills your custom form with data from airtable.