I know there is no "one size fits all" answer to this question - but I am desperate to get it resolved.
Keen on anyones ideas / thoughts on a front end solution for Airtable. At the moment I use lots of shared bases - which does the job, but I would love other users to be able to edit and comment on records.
Requirements are :
- Ability to edit / update / add Airtable records
- All data / backend to be stored in Airtable
- Needs to look clean / classy / professional / snappy - but I would be creating a functional website used to manage projects - not necessarily sell things
- Ability for users (that I invite) to be able to log in and add comments Only up to about 10 users. Log in process should be very easy (I like Glideapps method of using an email pin)
- Grouping a list of data essential (ie - grouping by category / type) - just like you can in an Airtable grid view.
- Scaleable - initially I want to use it as a simple "Maintenance log" - where users can log issues. Eventually I would like to use it for inventories, schedules, condition reporting etc.
- Ideally priced around $30 p/month
- IN active development - being improved all the time
So far I have tried :
- Softr is winning for me at the moment. Built a nice website this morning. Could do with a few more layout options - but I may be missing something. I would need the professional plan which is over my budget though (typically - I only need a little more than the cheapest paid plan offers)
- Glideapps is promising too - but I have doubts over its scaleability.
- Stacker just looks too expensive.
- Miniextensions looks good, but I just don't get their pricing/
- Airtable Extensions would have been ideal(ish) - except for the lack of custom domain. But Airtables pricing is nuts. I could manage with users just commenting - with 10 users that would be approx $200 p/month - not worth it.
- Have also tried Pory - didn't get very far - happy to give it another go.
Any thoughts / suggestions would be much appreciated!