605 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charles_Osterta
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a major problem that I hope is an easy fix.

• I created a gallery view of news items.
  • I sorted on the primary key (date) with the newest items first.
  • When I publish using the embed feature the gallery posts as expected using the proper sort with newest first.
  • When I add an item, the gallery goes back to oldest first.

This is not good for my site. It makes it seem like I have all old data because it starts at the oldest record at the bottom. The scroll bar is not easy to see so a lot of customers just go on their merry way. This is quite impactful.

How do I get the sort to hold?issue3

1 Reply 1

Wow. Seems like yet another usability problem with Airtable. Personally, this is my biggest pet peeve about Airtable: the product is riddled with user experience & user interface problems like this.

As far as I know, there’s nothing you can do to fix this, except turn to an external tool like Pory.io or MiniExtensions to display your gallery properly. But maybe someone else knows of another idea to workaround this issue. In the meantime, I would use one of those external tools.

You can also submit this as a feature request in #show-and-tell:product-suggestions, but I’ve discovered that that forum is essentially useless because the Airtable team doesn’t seem to listen to user feedback.