1295 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robin_Travis
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@Katherine_Duh Just been to an information session today on GDPR which replaces the Data Protection Act in The UK. It is a new EU wide legislation that will happen before Brexit. The new legislation comes into force on May 25th 2018. Part of this is that anyone storing personal data be it B2B or B2C has the responsibility to protect all data. It applies to voluntary organisations as well. We will all have the responsibility of knowing where (i.e under which jurisdiction) that data is stored. This causes a potential problem with US based servers (or any outside The EU). If the Trump presidential directive gives access to non US citizen data, then my understanding is that this will breach the GDPR regulations. Therefore, we cannot use Airtable for personal data as I believe it currently resides in The US. Do you have plans to have an EU server which can be specified for data storage? Your comments on this will be most welcome as at the moment we are having to hold back on our Airtable implementation.

6 Replies 6
Clovis_Six
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any news on this issue?

Robin_Travis

There are no official announcements yet, but I have been in touch with the privacy@ email address and have received an answer. Like all Airtable features, no pre-announcements / promises are made.

Alex_Crow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a very important issue for us as well. We are also British based and will not be able to use Airtable if we cannot guarantee that the data will be processed according to GDPR standards.

Are_Halland
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is make or brake for us. We have to change systems if it’s not GDPR compliant. Please answer.

Mike_Smith1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We had big plans for Airtable, but unless this is resolved we’ll be forced to find an alternative, as I imagine will the rest of Europe.

Howie
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

We are currently undergoing GDPR compliance review and are on track to be compliant before the May 2018 deadline.

Please also note the community forum guidelines/expectations:

We would like to emphasize that this is a community forum, and it is primarily designed for users to have conversations with each other—not for users to contact the staff. While Airtable employees post on the forums relatively frequently (these users have “Airtable” after their username and a special badge that says “Airtable Employee” on their user profiles), they will not respond to every post, and you should not expect that your post will necessarily receive a response from an Airtable employee.

If you would like to get in contact with Airtable’s staff, or if you are having an urgent issue with an Airtable base, we suggest that you use the in-app support or that you email us at support@airtable.com.