514 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alec_Kap
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! I am trying to figure out how to apply a unique ID when entering a form so you can see where it was clicked from. I have a store where each row in Airtable posts a new object for sale. I want the ‘purchase item’ button to lead to a form where they can fill in all their information but I can’t figure out how to assign some sort of unique ID so that I can correlate the item they want to buy to the information they put into the form.

Is anything like this achievable or is there any advice? Thanks so much for anything and everything!

23 Replies 23

I’m not sure about his actual implementation but I think what he means by “linked records” is not what you mean.

I think he is generating unique URLs in a web page using the API that then reference an Airtable form with prefill data that matches data in Airtable to form the “linked” relationship after the form is submitted.

That’s pretty much what I’m talking about, except I’m doing the linking directly in the form instead of afterwards, but I’m also using pre-filing to create that link.

He may be as well, I could be misinformed.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We came up with solutions for both of these problems:

We built a custom form for Airtable and it allows you to prefill hidden fields.

miniExtensions Form supports locking fields to make them read-only.