cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobonline
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi AT Community

I have a Google Sheet which has cell values (text/currency) which I would like to bring into Airtable. Along with those values I need the user to answer some questions. I would like to prefill form fields with the cell values from the Google Sheet, hide the fields, leaving visible only the questions which I need answering. Any suggestions on how I could go about this please? It needs to be a one step from Google Sheet to Form. I have looked into prefilling a Google Form from Google Sheet, this then populates Google Sheet (form response Google Sheet), when a row is added it creates a record in Airtable Base. I don't think you can hide Google form fields which isn't a huge problem, but not my preference. Any other thoughts or suggestions. THANK YOU.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, can you set up a cell in the Google Sheet to construct a prefilled form URL?  If so, you could use the cell values from that row to prefill the appropriate fields and hide them as well.  The user could then just click that link and fill in the empty fields

https://support.airtable.com/docs/prefilling-a-form-via-encoded-url

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, can you set up a cell in the Google Sheet to construct a prefilled form URL?  If so, you could use the cell values from that row to prefill the appropriate fields and hide them as well.  The user could then just click that link and fill in the empty fields

https://support.airtable.com/docs/prefilling-a-form-via-encoded-url

Perfect. I think I was over complicating it! I now have a Google Sheet formula which uses HYPERLINK and CONCATENATE function. I'm using prefill and hide per the prefilling a form Airtable documentation. Thanks @TheTimeSavingCo 😁. So far so good!