2365 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jared_Wright
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

When I scroll down on a table in the Grid view when I have more records than fit on the screen everything scrolls back up to the top.

See the video below.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pete
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi everyone, Peter from Airtable here. Good news – I’m happy to share that as of yesterday this issue should now be fixed.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone on this thread who took the time to let us know about this issue. The information we were able to gather from reports like these helped us narrow in on and (at last) fix this bug (which, for what it’s worth, was quite a tricky one to figure out).

Thank you in turn for your patience – this issue has been a longstanding hassle/inconvenience for many people, and we regret that it took us some time to get this resolved.

Best,
Peter

See Solution in Thread

22 Replies 22
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Jared_Wright

It seems that this is a common occurrence with lap tops. It has to do with the keyboard.

Unless, of course it has to do with something else.

If you’re interested I found a link to a YouTube video that shows how to test your keyboard.

Hope this might help.

Mary Kay

Jared_Wright
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you so much for your help and the video. How ever after going to the keyboard tester site it seems that my problem is not the same as the one shown in the video. Also my problem is unique to Airtable. Even other spreadsheets don’t give me the same issue.

I would love any more help that you can provide.

Hi @Jared_Wright

Perhaps this issue might be best brought to the attention of Airtable. They might be able to take a closer look at this issue. I think that they might want to know about this issue, too.

Unless, someone else might have any suggestions.

You can contact them at support@airtable.com

Hope this might help you to find some answers.

Mary Kay

P.S. If you need to make sure I get any replies, just place this symbol: @ in front of my name, without a space. Then I should get your reply.

Thank you,
Mary

Mary Kay

Jared_Wright
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@M_k I emailed support I hope I will hear from them soon thank you for your help though.

Cassidy_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Jared_Wright Did you ever receive help from support for this issue? I am experiencing the same trouble with scrolling in grid view that snaps back to the top of the grid. I would appreciate any help you would be willing to pass on. Thanks!

I have not received any help with this issue.

See Video Below

Watch Video.png

Casey_Weiss
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am having the same issue. I have to use the arrows on my keyboard to scroll to avoid the issue. Hope to see a fix soon.

Dell Laptop, Windows 10, Chrome Browser, Logitech MX Master 3 Mouse.

Ebba
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have the same issue too…

Adi_Menayang
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Same issue on my work computer, which is a ThinkPad running Windows. Never happens on my personal Mac. I access the same Airtable bases on both of these computers. Wondering when this will be resolved (still happening as of now in September 2020, which is how I came across this thread).

Donna_Edgar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m having the same issue. Is there a fix?

Jeremy_Smolik

Same problem, it’s making Airtable unusable for any lists with more than 15 records. On desktop using mouse wheel, and same problem on laptop with touchpad. It’s the site. Will need to port my lists to Google Sheets just to be able to use my CRT. Ah well, time to find another site.

I’m asked Support and they sent me a code to try to fix it, but it only worked once… Perhaps if everyone asks they may try to work on a solution.

Daniela_Quesada
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

EXACT same issue here!

Nicolas_Dickins
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same issue. I also asked support and they said it was a tricky one and they would get back to me. Been a week or two now. I hope there will be a fix soon or a workaround (different type of mouse/driver?). Working on Windows 10 with Chrome but confirmed it also happens in Edge unfortunately.

Oooh hopefully they get on to it soon. I’m still waiting for a fix. It is really frustrating!

Rui_Chen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bumping this one, same issue here!

Ebba

Airtable support - could you please assist with this. I have invested a lot of time into Airtable but am feeling ready to cut my losses and walk away as I am losing so much time due to this issue. We look forward to hearing from you.

Hi @Ebba

I would also send a copy of your yo to Airtable Support: support@airtable.com

Mary Kay

amber_h

same issue, so annoying, emailed support also.