Solved
Jump to Solution
2147 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey there,

Wondering if you all can help me with a Timezone issue I’m having that’s driving me nuts! I think it’s to do with GMT/BST but I would like any help in solving this because I can’t get it right.

Trying to pair a Mentee and Mentor with each other, and they will live in different timezones, I can get the calendar invites to work, as it’s all based off nice and simple ISO time, but I can’t for the life of me get the timezone conversion to work in Airtable for local time (which I need for numerous other reasons related to communication)

I’m using this formula to convert the time as follows:

IF({Event Date + Start time}, DATETIME_FORMAT(SET_TIMEZONE(DATETIME_PARSE({Event Date + Start time}), {Mentor Timezone}), 'MM/DD/YYYY h:mm'),"")

However, I’m getting a delta across Mentee and Mentor, as shown below in both tables:

Can one of you kind folk help me work out what’s going on?

Mentor View

Mentee View

As you can see, there are 6 columns in each, and the problem is that the Actual time differs from the Calculated time.

• Event Date + Time - The ISO time that is converted to a calendar field
  • Actual - What the conversion should be
  • Calculated - What the conversion is when using the formula

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

14 Replies 14

Dealing with time zones is a difficult problem that I have solved. I have created a demo file and a video to accompany the demo file, which I will be posting soon… just editing out some of the parts of the video right now.

Thanks everyone! This was super helpful!

Here is my sample base & sample video on how to solve the multiple time zone issue in Airtable:

Wow! The bit I couldn’t find documented was the offset part - This is amazing. Thank you!

You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face: