Help

Re: Hide Table Views for Individual Users

3577 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have multiple users working on our Base at the same time. Because any changes to a Table View persist across all users, we have to have personalised Table Views for each user. Otherwise users clash with each other when editing a particular Table View.

This is fine, but it limits our ability to use Table Views for what they are designed for. If we want to have different Table Views for (example) different film genres. Then we need to create a Table View for every user for every film genre. We then end up with a long, unwieldy list of Table Views. There are some features that we simply don’t use because we don’t want to create more Table Views.

This could be avoided by allowing users to hide Table Views that remain hidden every time they log in. That way each user could have their own personal set of Table Views.

16 Replies 16
Erica_B
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree, found this thread when I googled ‘how to hide table views for users on airtable’, or even just a feature that only allows the creator to see a view would be SO helpful!

Yvan_Belier
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I need this so much…

Lindsay_Swany
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I hoped to be able to hide views by user. We have one base with many users from many departments. They get confused looking at a view that does not apply to them. It would be great to force viewers to only see the view that they need. A fix for this would be great!

Emily_Fisher
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Chiming in to say I agree! Hiding tables and restricting access to parts of the base (like certain views or tables) is a MUST! I’m down insane work arounds right now to give people access to edit certain records but not see all and this would relieve a lot of stress and troubleshooting.

I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for Airtable to implement this feature. It could be years or never, and if it does come out, it might be restricted to customers paying $10k per year for the enterprise plan.

In the meantime, the only way to get the full functionality that you’re looking for — without relying on tons of massive workarounds — is to pay for a 3rd-party portal tool. The current Airtable portals are MiniExtensions.com, GlideApps.com, Softr.io, Pory.io, and StackerHQ.com. I don’t know if there are any others that are currently available.

p.s. As an expert Airtable consultant, I have experience with all of these portals and am available to help people set these up:

stereosympathy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was just googling "how to hide Airtable view from specific users" and found this feature request thread. Hoping this will be a feature added in the future as I have a need for this as well. 

pamg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Wouldn't this be an easy feature to add? Hiding or Permissions for various views and/or sections? We are currently migrating to Airtable and this is a huge issue for us.