Help

Re: How can you change positive/negative numbers and negative/positive numbers?

2545 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maria
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi I am looking for a way to change negative amounts to positives and visa versa. Am currently doing in excel and moving over but wondering if possible in Airtable?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks, Maria

4 Replies 4

Use a formula to multiply by -1?

Thanks David - works a treat just like excel! Did kinda try with formula before but couldn’t get it to work. Thanks again

Christiaan_Huiz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I came across the same problem when calculating travel time using ‘duration’ instead of date. Since we do not travel backwards in time, I created this formula using * -1 to end up with a positive number (i.e. leaving Brussels at 21:00 and arriving in a German city at 08:15 next morning.

IF({End Timed}-{Start Time} < 0, (({End Timed}-{Start Time})*-1), {End Timed}-{Start Time})

I hope it helps a bit for anyone who is trying to solve a comparable problem.

Lexxi_James
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a strange way of accomplishing this, but because I tend to upload with CSV, I wanted something that would stick. I primarily deal with costs, so I’ll speak in those terms.

I create two columns: Import Cost and Actual Cost.
Imported Cost is a straight currency number which allows for negative numbers.
Actual Cost is a function >> Import Cost *-1
Then, I hide the Import Cost column.

When I import my CSV, I connect the data to the Import Cost.
After it imports, the Actual Cost column populates correctly, and I don’t even see the Import Cost because I’ve hidden it. This way, it’ll hold the import selection and bring in all new CSVs correctly.

Hope this helps.