Help

Re: How can you find the size of a base?

2988 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Chilton
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The free plan has a hard limit of 2GB/base, but I can’t seem to figure out how to check how big a given base is. Any ideas?

11 Replies 11
Evan_Smith

Are you still looking for this? if so I can help.

I am still curious as I never figured this out. Thanks!

Evan_Smith

Scratch that, i was only able to find the number of rows in the base. Sorry about that, I will keep looking though :slightly_smiling_face:

Jose_Miguel_Gil

Yes, it would be nice to find out a way to know that.

Any help from Support Team?

Thank you!!

Dianna_Atchison

Did anyone get an answer on this? I would also like to know.

Haven’t received an answer yet.

I would like this also.

sm4hc_sm4hc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Here a link explaining how to find out usage stats for each base …

Team settings page overview

The team settings page for each team is a central place for team owners to manage the billing and payment plan for their team, as well as see the record and attachment usage for each of the bases i...

Justin_Longoria
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I know it has been a while since this was posted but i only started using airtable not long ago. The hard limit is just for attachments, not the entire base itself IIRC. I haven’t figured out how to see it in mobile but through PC, if you go to the bottom of the screen while in a base, there is a status bar. If you click on the status bar in the area that is under the attachment column, you can pick a total attachment size option and it will display the total size of all attachments in the column until you change it to a different option.
Hope this helps!

ChrisPreen

An old thread, but am interested in this because I am trying to establish the maximum viable size database Airtable can handle before one needs to switch to something like mySQL. (I may start a new thread on this specific question). In the meantime here are my thoughts on measuring database size:

You cannot only go with the number of rows and columns of each table and then add the tables up, because, as pointed out above, the size of attachments and even length of characers within fields comes into play.

Possibly a way to measure the db - without attachments - would be to export every table as a CSV and then add the file size of all of those? Most dbs allow export to CSV so I would think this would be a good measure for comparing apples with apples.

Of course the total size of data is not the only thing that would determine the max limits of Airtable. Usage stats would also come into play (see @sm4hc_sm4hc link above) ). The frequency and number of calls to the db would also need to be budgeted for.

With the above in mind is there anybody that can give me some pointers on volume/size limits for Airtable? The best answers will invariably be provided by people that have actually run into volume issues.

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi

If you have a mobile device, do a web search for “Airtable account”, find a search result that has those two words, then click. Once you get the page, keep your finger pressed on the the circle with an arrow in the browser search field and “Desktop Version” option will show. You select it and it will bring you to your account page, on the left side, go to “Workspaces”. Select the workspace that you want to check and It will list all your bases, just below the settings at the top, and beside the base name, it will show a graph bar and right below, it will show another graph bar showing how many MB has been used for attachments.

Here is a screenshot of how the first page looks like, after you select account search result:

A401B89A-4E7C-4BD9-BFA8-C4FF87117897.png

Hope this helps.

Mary Kay