4421 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brent_flanders
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When creating a record, in a table such as an Opportunity, and the Company has been entered (related/lookup table), how do you display a field based on the Contacts related to the Company - in a drop-down menu - to pick a single or multi value

14 Replies 14
Rebecca_Glaser

Just to clarify - I have an organization table and a contact table associated with the organization table. I have multiple contacts per each organization. I then have a communication table and I want to choose the organization and then have a drop down that shows only the contacts from that organization to choose from - so I guess you are all saying that this would be a drop down list based on choosing the organization. Yes - I want the same thing and I would like this available in a form so when I add a communication record in a form view I would choose the organization I am talking with and would only want to view the contacts with that organization and choose one contact only from a drop down list. At present a form will not even let me add a lookup table to the form. any input will be appreciated.

No solution for you using a form view — but your base layout seems ready-made for this approach for grid views. You should be able to implement it with minimal change to your existing tables (but do so first on a duplicate of your working base! :winking_face: )

Gespion

Hello guys, I’ve also been looking for a way to do this conditional selection with categories and sub-categories.

Here’s my take on it which is working but might be hard to main if you have a lot of categories and sub-categories: Dynamic Drop down dependent on another dropdown

Let me know if it helps or if we can improve this.

Step_Up_Tutorin

@Airtable, fix this please…so frustrated with this flaw in your system that i can’t really use the database.

Very sad airtable, very sad.