4271 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brent_flanders
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When creating a record, in a table such as an Opportunity, and the Company has been entered (related/lookup table), how do you display a field based on the Contacts related to the Company - in a drop-down menu - to pick a single or multi value

14 Replies 14
Jonathan_Fuller
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Ive asked about this as well! Definitely a much needed function as it is literally the ONLY thing keeping me from being able to convince my colleagues to use this as our CRM…

I’d actually go a step further and say that there needs to be the ability to “Call” a Related/Lookup within the Formula field as well as be able to use the current Lookup field as a “Link” to the record rather than just Text.

brent_flanders

Agreed, and this with a few more functions (events, triggers, etc.) I could make this a full functioning CRM, especially with the Slack integration (that also needs some customization)

I’m looking forward to when they get the cross-base capability rolling so that we can setup specific Bases for the information and can clean up the general look of the Base being used.

Have you found any integration (other than just designing a PHP/similar API triggered page) for using as a more polished Front End facade? Most of our users just get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information immediately presented that they end up not inputting things correctly (or at all…)

brent_flanders

Even when using the “Form” view to customize an input UI?

Yes, mainly because the Form View doesn’t allow for updating an existing record… Most of the input that’s needed for their part is updates and linking to existing records.

Bryan_Douglas-H

Did you ever get an answer to this - or get it working?
Thanks

Did you get the answer guys? Really need to do this to use Airtable as a backend service for data collection app. Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jarno_Nousiaine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, just purchased the plus plan to try this out bit more.

I thought this would definitely be a feature, it is not?

Shannon_Johlic

Sadly, this is a MUCH needed feature and yet not supported yet. Would love to get this kind of feature rolled in (or a way to do it with some fancy formulas.)

Been recommending this to colleagues who don’t code and all of them have been wanting this ability.

Rebecca_Glaser

Just to clarify - I have an organization table and a contact table associated with the organization table. I have multiple contacts per each organization. I then have a communication table and I want to choose the organization and then have a drop down that shows only the contacts from that organization to choose from - so I guess you are all saying that this would be a drop down list based on choosing the organization. Yes - I want the same thing and I would like this available in a form so when I add a communication record in a form view I would choose the organization I am talking with and would only want to view the contacts with that organization and choose one contact only from a drop down list. At present a form will not even let me add a lookup table to the form. any input will be appreciated.

No solution for you using a form view — but your base layout seems ready-made for this approach for grid views. You should be able to implement it with minimal change to your existing tables (but do so first on a duplicate of your working base! :winking_face: )

Gespion

Hello guys, I’ve also been looking for a way to do this conditional selection with categories and sub-categories.

Here’s my take on it which is working but might be hard to main if you have a lot of categories and sub-categories: Dynamic Drop down dependent on another dropdown

Let me know if it helps or if we can improve this.

Step_Up_Tutorin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Airtable, fix this please…so frustrated with this flaw in your system that i can’t really use the database.

Very sad airtable, very sad.