Help

How to hide data in column for collaborators with editors role?

2395 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Tsyglin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
How can I hide data in column for collaborators with editors role?

For example, my table have columns A, B, C, D I want that editors can view and edit A, B,C columns But column D will be hide for them

And only I as a creator can view and edit data in column D

4 Replies 4

Hi @Alex_Tsyglin and Welcome to Airtable Community.

Airtable’s permissions are somewhat restriction – almost similar to an ‘all or nothing’ scenario, which, in my humble opinion, is a far cry from today’s security standards.

There are no options on the free plan, but if you happen to be on the Pro plan, you have one option. It’s not the prettiest solution but you should be able to make it work for your situation.

Locked views might solve what you’re looking for.

5f73751092c6afb3485d0dfe997b3809227f5002.png

Locked views

Locked views is a premium feature (available on Pro and Enterprise plans) that allows collaborators with creator or owner permissions to prevent all collaborators from altering a view's configurati...

But if I activate Locked View in Profile Plan and hide D column, the person with Editor permission still can edit all columns? Or he doesn’t?

To the editor, the option to select the hidden file is greyed out.
Now mind you, the one problem (and this is why I say that it’s an ‘all-or-nothing’) is that you must have at least one table that is a regular view. In one word you can’t have all personal views. Also, the editor can always duplicate your view and then unhide those columns.

Also, there’s nothing stopping the editor from duplicating your base and then having full reign over it.

When you’re sharing a base with someone, you’re sharing everything in it. Period.

Alexander_Lundy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree that it would be very helpful for Airtable to offer the ability to hide tables to certain permission levels.