4129 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Murray
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to generate HTML code for a link so I can merge a URL into an email. So I need something like:

“<a href=” &""" & {Article URL}& “”" & “>article”

But this doesn’t work. Is there a way to ensure that the formula can produce a "?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexey_Chekano1

You can also use \" to include quotation mark to the formula. For example, if you’d like to add quotes around Name field when concatenating, you can use Concatenate(SomeField, "\"", Name, "\"").

See Solution in Thread

11 Replies 11
Klaus_Becker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

well I found a solution but it ain’t pretty.

I created a field named “quote”, then filled all the records with ", then used concatenate. worked like a charm.

Can you try “”" ? Same for ‘’’. You can also do “’” (double quotes around a single quote) and ‘"’(single around double), but those are less general.

wow, nice! much easier than my solution ^^

Kevin_Murray

Thanks for those ingenious solutions. I like your workaround Klaus, but Alexander’s code looks the simpler. It’s good to have a back stop.

Those don’t seem to work for me. I had to back to creating a “quote” field and concatenating it.

118_GROUP

I had a similar issue, I found a support about a bug around this. I ended up putting quotes around my link text and using:
"<a href="&{URL}&">link here</a>"

That’s odd.

In tests, both of these worked:

'<a href="'&URL&'">Click here</a>'
"<a href=\""&URL&"\">Click here</a>"

Because of @Chester_McLaughlin’s bug report from a while back, I tested using a lookup field and a single-select value for {URL}, and both worked, as well. (I also embedded a double quote in the middle of {URL} — an impossibility, I know — to test Chester’s scenario, and the formula functioned properly.)

Anyone still having problems with this, could you post a copy of the formula that failed? (Enclose the code in backticks like this mark here ` or precede it on a new line with 4 spaces to make sure the forum doesn’t reformat your quotation marks.)

Thanks.

Thanks. That works well now.

Jgray

Ugh, can’t seem to get this to work. :grimacing: I have tried all of the above.

The most recent attempt is:

'<a href="'&{URL}&'">Click here</a>'

The URL field doesn’t contain quotes.

This formula field is then pulled into a SendGrid block.

When I look at the source code of the email after sending it, I see the quotes are always being converted to &quot

Any help would be appreciated.

Really stuck on this. Is this still working for you?

Alexey_Chekano1

You can also use \" to include quotation mark to the formula. For example, if you’d like to add quotes around Name field when concatenating, you can use Concatenate(SomeField, "\"", Name, "\"").