Help

Re: How to remove an unknown synced base, from the upstream base, without disconnecting other syncs?

549 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Bowyer
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

With the recent introduction of the limit of 100 synced downstream bases per upstream base, we realise that one of our bases has over 200 such downstream synced bases, exceeding the limit. So we receive the error "The source application has reached the maximum allowable number of synced targets". Many of these downstream bases show as unknown, with unknown creators.

My question is, how do we remove (not just disconnect, as this reportedly still counts towards the limit) the unknown bases from the upstream base? Bonus points if this can be achieved without breaking the syncs to the wanted downstream bases.

2 Replies 2
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Simon_Bowyer 

When looking at the Sync Activity Log within a source base and you see "unknown" as a base/table name in a sync, it is likely because you don't have access to the destination base. In order to remove the sync, you'll first need to be added as a collaborator in the destination base. From there, you can then remove the unneeded sync. 

Hope this helps point you in the right direction!

How might one identify the destination base, given that the name and the creator are shown as unknown? I am seeking a solution within the Airtable UI or API ecosystem. Outside Airtable, I could message all base creators within the organisation, but that seems suboptimal and still may not identify the destination base as the creator may have abandoned the base or it may be outside the organisation (the setting to prevent that latter case is now enabled).