Help

How to require a 10 digit phone number on an Airtable form?

Topic Labels: Base design Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
630 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data_Team
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Form question for you all. I need to capture phone number on an Airtable form however I can't figure out how to require it be entered as a 10 digit number so that area code is captured. The Phone number field type does not require the response to be 10 digits. I'm open to using the Formula field type however can't find a formula to use that would require 10 digits. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

That is not possible with Airtable's forms (nor is it possible with Airtable's fields). Airtable doesn't allow us to restrict somebody to typing in a 10-digit number anywhere in Airtable.

However, there are 2 external form tools that provide this functionality:

1. JotForm offers tons of phone number validation functions. And after your form is submitted in JotForm, you can either use Make's JotForm integrations to send your data to Airtable, or you can use JotForm's "more basic" Airtable integrations.

2. Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable offers a bunch of validation functions as well, including the ability for you to specify your own RegEx code to validate a field. There is essentially no limit to what you can do with RegEx. Fillout also offers about 100 other advanced features for Airtable, such as updating Airtable records from a form, dynamic linked record filters (i.e. dynamic dropdown selections), the ability to accept payments on forms, the ability to have multi-page forms with conditional paths, the ability to create new linked records on a form, the ability to display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, and much more.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

That is not possible with Airtable's forms (nor is it possible with Airtable's fields). Airtable doesn't allow us to restrict somebody to typing in a 10-digit number anywhere in Airtable.

However, there are 2 external form tools that provide this functionality:

1. JotForm offers tons of phone number validation functions. And after your form is submitted in JotForm, you can either use Make's JotForm integrations to send your data to Airtable, or you can use JotForm's "more basic" Airtable integrations.

2. Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable offers a bunch of validation functions as well, including the ability for you to specify your own RegEx code to validate a field. There is essentially no limit to what you can do with RegEx. Fillout also offers about 100 other advanced features for Airtable, such as updating Airtable records from a form, dynamic linked record filters (i.e. dynamic dropdown selections), the ability to accept payments on forms, the ability to have multi-page forms with conditional paths, the ability to create new linked records on a form, the ability to display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, and much more.

@ScottWorld thanks for your response and confirming it isn't possible in forms or fields. Super helpful!