cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juan_Alvarez
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have a little farm to table business and ive created a form to receive orders from my clients. my issue is that I want clients to be able to select quantities because some of them want more than 1 of the desired product (example wanting 2 orders of spinach).

Right now I have a multiple select option where clients select the products that they want.

Is there a way to make this a smoother process?

Thank you in advance.

6 Replies 6

@Juan_Alvarez

I don’t see there being a way to do this if all the products being ordered by the client are being inputted into one “Multiple Select” field.

How many different products do you offer?

right now I am offering 25 products. I also wouldnt mind if the client can select the same product twice in the form but when you select the product once it disapears from the multiple select option

Ya, unfortunately I don’t see a super elegant solution.

A non-elegant solution would be to make a field of the “Number” type for each product you offer in your “Orders” table.

So you’d have a field (column) for “Spinach”, and a field (column) for “Lettuce”, etc.

Then in your form, the client could simply indicate the # of each product they want to order. The form would be significantly longer, requiring a header and entry box for each of your 25 products, and it wouldn’t be as aesthetically pleasing as there’d be no colors that you get with the “Multiple Select” field - but it would accomplish what you are trying to accomplish.

The problem is that with a “Multiple Select” field, there’s no way to tell another field which of the options you want to act on.

The inelegant solution I proposed would also allow you to price products differently, though, and use automatic calculation to total an order. Let me know if you think that’s something you’d like to try to do and you’d like more help with that.

Thanks for the help Jeremy I think this is probably the only solution I see I will try it and see how it goes.

Unfortunately Airtable might not be the best solution for me. Its very sad because I was liking the platform a lot. :frowning:

How are you getting the forms to your clients? Do you have a website that you embed the forms, or links to the forms in?

If you have a website, Airtable does have an API, which could be used by a web developer to make custom forms for you, that could programmatically do what you want, with a more elegant form. But you may not want to go that deep if you are simply emailing the form URL’s to clients.

Juan_Alvarez

Right now I am sending the URL to my clients trough whatsapp. I dont know much about coding but I apreciate the help

I will try out your solution and see what my clients think.

Will keep you informed!