1833 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessica_McCanse
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there - I’m really new to this but am building a base that’s used for client management. One thing we track is that each client is supposed to meet with us twice a year, and they get assigned meeting months based on their last name (A-G is January & July, H-L is Feb & August, and so forth). So I have one table with the client info, and it states which month the meetings should be, and another table with a record of logged meetings. Is there a way to automate or link these two bits of data together somehow? Otherwise I can manually go in once a month and scan for folks who are overdue on meetings, but if there’s a way to finagle it that would be super duper. Thanks for any suggestions!! Jessica

1 Reply 1

Hi Jessica,

I would think of something like this:
Create a table with 26 records (the letters of the Alphabet) and add fields next to it that contain the numbers of the assigned months.

NameMonth

In the main table (another table) add the names of the clients and each one of them link them to the first table. For example, Client John Adams is linked to the letter A, Nicky Lauder is linked to the letter L.

NameMonthClient

In the main table you use the field type LOOKUP to find the Due months that are connected with the client and when this is done you are ready to see of one of these months equals the month of today’s date. If that is the case you can flag a field (Alert).

That would be something like this:
IF(OR(MONTH(TODAY())={DUE 1},MONTH(TODAY())={DUE 2}),‘ :triangular_flag_on_post: ’,BLANK())

It looks like this:
NameMonthDue

I hope this will work for you :slightly_smiling_face: