Help

Re: IF statement is not working properly when comparing rollup results from two fields

1742 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hector_Santilla
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am getting the MIN and AVE of two fields from a table using the rollup function. When I use the expression IF to compare the rollup results, the IF statement delivers wrong information. Please, some one help

12 Replies 12

Is any way I can find out if the field {PrevWage} varies during a period of time (eg. weekly?) instead of using the above method?

That’s how I have my table set up.

Try this for your formula:

IF(
    ROUND(
        AvePrevWage,
        ) = ROUND(
            MinPrevWage,
            ),
    'yes',
    'no'
    )

That will determine whether a floating point issue is causing the mismatch. That might happen if all of your rollups roll up more than a single record (in my test, the records where AVERAGE() = MIN() all have only a single linked record. (Note that changing the formatting of a field does not change the underlying data; ‘12.4’ and ‘12.40000000000001’ formatted as currency will both display as ‘$12.40’, but they won’t equal each other in a test.)

If that doesn’t work, you can either send (either publicly here or to me in PM) a read-only link to your base with copying permitted, and I’ll take a closer look.

Hector_Santilla

Thanks Vann_Hall. Rounding the rollup fields is working. Thanks a lot.

Hector