425 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djbg115
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am new to Airtable and the database had me the permission to edit it. I am trying to add an option to choose from but I can't seem to "edit" nor "add" an option when trying to add one. How do I successfully do it? Edit it and input the desired option I want to add.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There are often many solutions based on the owner/creator’s workflow.

For example, the owner/creator of the base could give you a text field to type your new option into, and then he could have an automation that adds that option into the single select field.

But you as the editor can’t do any of these workarounds on your own, since you don’t have high enough permissions.

Hope this helps! If the owner/creator of your base would like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Only creators can add options, not editors.

if they change that field to a linked record field and give you permission to add records to the linked record table, that might be a good workaround.

- ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

IS that the only solution?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There are often many solutions based on the owner/creator’s workflow.

For example, the owner/creator of the base could give you a text field to type your new option into, and then he could have an automation that adds that option into the single select field.

But you as the editor can’t do any of these workarounds on your own, since you don’t have high enough permissions.

Hope this helps! If the owner/creator of your base would like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

How do I know if  he has given me a text field to type new options?