cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alvaro_Mariani
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi

First I have a table with a linked column that returns unique values (allowing multiple records = FALSE). Note the actual source column is a formula.

Second I want to build a kanban view over those linked unique values but the option doesnt show.

What am I missing?

6 Replies 6

I think the Kanban view only works with Single Select and User fields I’m afraid

As a workaround, perhaps you could create a single select field and an automation that would, whenever a record’s linked field gets updated, pastes that value into the single select field, and use the Kanban view on that?

tks the issue is I want the link. below print of data structure maybe there’s a smarter way to go about it.

Hm, yeah, you’d have two fields, the original Linked field and the new Single Select field that you’d use the Kanban view on?

But then I have to maintain both which defeats the purpose. Or could I automate the single select to mirror whatever linked value gets assigned? Can I do that?

Yeap, I recommend an automation that would, whenever a record’s linked field gets updated, pastes that value into the single select field, and to use the Kanban view on that

Then you won’t have to maintain the single select field, but can still view the data the way you want to

Alvaro_Mariani

I'm now trying to implement the automation above however apparently there is no way to automate the insert to single select fields? Any pointers are appreciated.

Alvaro_Mariani_0-1670588972443.png

https://community.airtable.com/t5/automations/auto-add-options-in-single-select-through-airtable-scr...