1132 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi.
I’m running a CRM with all my contacts, in which I have a “last contact column”. I also have a different table,
for meetings summaries. The two tables are linked by the contact’s name. Is there a possibility (probably some kind of a formula), to update the last contact’s date whenever I insert a new meeting summary?
Thanks a lot,
Daniel

5 Replies 5
Mark_Molter
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

As possible solution so if it does work don’t shoot me,

If your Meeting summaries are in a separate table and you have a linked field with contacts. Try adding a created CREATED_TIME() formula function field. This might work as it will show the date of the current record and hopefully update every time you link the contacts in your Summaries.

Hi Mark, Thank you for the answer.
Maybe I didn’t understand how to do it, but it didn’t work…
How can I create a “Created_Time” formula in the people table, that will check the most frequent “created time” of the meeting summary?

Also, I thought Zapier could help arranging that. Does anybody know how to create such a Zap?

Thanks!

I do something similar in my Wardrobe Manager base in Airtable Universe. Instead of [Contacts], I have [Garments]; instead of [Meetings], I have [Outfits]; instead of {Meeting date}, I have {Last Worn}. As part of the appearance-tracking portion of the base, whenever a {Last Worn} date is set for an [Outfit], that date is applied to all [Garment]s that make up the [Outfit]. (If the garment already has a {Last Worn} date later than that of the outfit, it doesn’t change.)

I think the applicability to your project should be obvious. :winking_face:

How does it work?

That’s a damn good question. Since it looks for the most recent of a group of dates, I would think I’m rolling up all the dates using a MAX() aggregation function and then setting a value for any record where {Last Worn] is equal to {Max}. I’d also guess I must be using a linked-record relationship between the outfit and garments to allow the outfit’s condition and worn dates to trickle down to its component garments. But I’m just guessing…

I’d suggest going to the base in Universe. Start by opening the [Documentation] table and viewing the attachment stored in the first record. This is the users guide; look for the brief sections on [Outfit]s and Appearance management. After that, go to the [Worn] table and examine the fields. (Each field has a description that explains its purpose within the base; the descriptions for formula fields contain the full formulas, as well, so you won’t need to duplicate the base simply to check configurations.)

You should be able to fit the code to your needs with relatively little 3ffort’’’

Yes! it works :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks a lot!

What formula did you end up using? I don’t follow the wardrobe base at all.