cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirkolando
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello everyone,

I have a table in which we record events. Some of these events relate to a media campaign that is also recorded in the same table.

I have therefore created a column in which you can link a campaign when creating an event. To do this, I use a view in which only the campaigns are displayed.

This works without any problems. However, when I assign an event to a campaign, I would like the assigned events to be displayed in the campaign data record.

Does anyone have any idea how I can implement this?
Currently, only the selected campaign is displayed in the event record, but not the other way around.

I would like to be able to click on the campaign record and see all linked events.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can implement this?

Thank you very much and best regards
Mirko

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@mirkolando 

Unfortunately, Airtable doesn’t offer automatic backlinking within the same table.

Be sure to email support@airtable.com and suggest this as a feature request.

Your only 2 options for this would be to:

(1) Write a custom JavaScript to handle this for you. Two scripts that do this are available here and here.

or

(2) For a no-code way of doing this that doesn’t require writing any programming code at all, you can use Make’s advanced Airtable automations, which is a no-code automation tool for Airtable.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread.

For example, to instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable, check out this thread on instantly triggering a Make automation from Airtable using a webhook.

You will also need to know how to work with arrays, which I demonstrate on this Airtable podcast episode.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Ah, you're going to want to google "same table backlinks", and the general way to handle it is to use scripting unfortunately. @kuovonne  has a script ready built for this that you can find here: https://kuovonne.gumroad.com/l/joRkE

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@mirkolando 

Unfortunately, Airtable doesn’t offer automatic backlinking within the same table.

Be sure to email support@airtable.com and suggest this as a feature request.

Your only 2 options for this would be to:

(1) Write a custom JavaScript to handle this for you. Two scripts that do this are available here and here.

or

(2) For a no-code way of doing this that doesn’t require writing any programming code at all, you can use Make’s advanced Airtable automations, which is a no-code automation tool for Airtable.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread.

For example, to instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable, check out this thread on instantly triggering a Make automation from Airtable using a webhook.

You will also need to know how to work with arrays, which I demonstrate on this Airtable podcast episode.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

@ScottWorld thank you very much! Your mentioned option one with the JavaScript worked gread within an automation process! 

You're welcome! Glad I could help! 😃