cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janek_Holthuis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I want to keep different people and their statements/quotes on different topics. My idea was to create a table with all the people and their general data and then for each topic open a separate table with all the people and their quotes and statements.

I was looking for a way to synchronize the first column of one table with the first column of another table, but I only found ways to link other columns.

I also want that if I have 100 people in my first table and I open a table for a new topic, that I have the possibility to automatically add all 100 records with all people (just their names).

I hope you understand what I mean.
Feel free to ask me if you have a question.
I am grateful for any answer.

Have a good day.
Janek

5 Replies 5

Hi @Janek_Holthuis ,

Welcome to Airtable Community!

Your question is a bit vague and needs more input. Maybe a screenshot would help

Janek_Holthuis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

i will try to explain it a little bit more.

I want to create a database that stores people and their quotes on certain topics.
For example, I have elon musk and he has 5 quotes on cryptocurrency, 3 on another topic and 2 on yet another topic.

This is a bit too much data for one Table since I want to have many topics.

I want several tables ( one for each topic ) and each of them should have the name of the person in the first column.

So i want to have the first column of several tables synced.

That is not possible.

the best way to achieve that would be 3 tables:

1. People
  2. Topics
  3. Quotes

And you link those together

that is sad.

Whats the best practise to link those tables?

I would do it this way

I would then have Linked Records field linking the Quoted table to People and another one linking Quotes to Topics. Check this demo base

This way you can go to People and see all the quotes they have and go to topics and see all the Quotes for those topics.