cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davva
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi

I have some linked tables. The first link is between "People" and "Working Groups". When in the Working Group table I can look up people's names and add them to the field "Members". When in the People table, I can make a link back to Working Groups, and a field called working groups will self populate with all the Working Groups that people are members off. This is all working fine.

I have a second link between "People" and "Training". When in the Training table I can look up people's names and add them to the field "Attendees". When in the People table, I can make a link back to Training, but I can't make a field that will self populate with all the training people have received. What am I doing wrong?

The only difference in layout between Working Groups and Training, is that training's unique identifier is a date.

Any light you could shed would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Davva

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You actually don’t want to create any reverse linked record fields, because Airtable automatically creates those “backlink fields” for you. If you don’t see the field that Airtable created for you, then it is hidden under the “hidden fields” button in the toolbar.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You actually don’t want to create any reverse linked record fields, because Airtable automatically creates those “backlink fields” for you. If you don’t see the field that Airtable created for you, then it is hidden under the “hidden fields” button in the toolbar.

Davva
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks Scott
That worked perfectly!