cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Ball
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi

I am building a simple CRM. I have a Company table and a contacts table.

On the Contacts table there is a Checkbox marking a single contact as the “Primary contact”

I’d like to show this specific contact when I view the Company, effectively “just the contact flagged as primary”

Can’t figure it out, any help appreciated

Thanks
Mike

8 Replies 8

I love this problem. I tried two ways here:

Thanks Hashim but I can’t actually see how you did it … exactly what I want though :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay. I just made you a Creator so you should be able to see the formulas

Mike_Ball
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks so much, that is great. Really appreciate your help

Just FYI, to keep other users from having to duplicate a base in order to view the formulas, I typically copy/paste formulas into field descriptions. (Except I think I may have forgotten to do so with my last few demo bases; I should remedy that.) It often means I have to fiddle a bit with the description format to keep the formula decipherable — but I find I appreciate that myself when I’m trying to decipher a several month-old base! :winking_face:

Can you share what you did on this demo for the Primary contact? THanks!
Chuck

Hashim, Thanks for the share and the formula! Taking it a step further, The formula field is the default field for the table and therefore gives the visual in the related links for Primary Contact. I wonder how we can hide that field to prevent the duplication in the Contacts table. It appears you can cannot create a formula in the Companies table and reference the Contact and Primary contact fields from the contact table? A form resolves this but will not have a form on mobile and would have to remember no field entry in the first field.

Hi Hashima, am unable to view the sample you did. It says maximum number of collaboraters. 😔