cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craibuc
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have two tables: Employees and Licenses

I created a view, named Current Licenses, on the Licenses table.  This view ensures that only the active license for an employee is displayed.

I linked the Employees table to the Licenses table, specifying the view:

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 1.08.30 PM.png

 Unfortunately, the list of Licenses in the Employees table includes the non-currently licenses.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey there—sorry to hear of the trouble with this! To ensure that I'm following this in full, is it the record picker list displaying the inactive licenses or is it that the field is displaying already-linked records which are inactive? The view-scoped selection applies to the menu of new records available to be added from the picker, so it's not designed to work like a view filter, hiding what's already been logged into the column's cells. If this is not quite the case here, let me know and we can dig further in. 😊

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey there—sorry to hear of the trouble with this! To ensure that I'm following this in full, is it the record picker list displaying the inactive licenses or is it that the field is displaying already-linked records which are inactive? The view-scoped selection applies to the menu of new records available to be added from the picker, so it's not designed to work like a view filter, hiding what's already been logged into the column's cells. If this is not quite the case here, let me know and we can dig further in. 😊

craibuc
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

OK, I understand now.

It works as you describe.

Thanks.

Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

That's great news! Glad to hear that this could help. 🎉