1405 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Let’s assume I have two tables in my base: Table 1: Authors and Table 2: Books.

Table 1: Authors is a list of names
Table 2: Books is a list of Title and Author, where Author links to a record in Table 2: Authors

Now I would like to create a field in Table 1: Authors, let’s call it “Bibliography”, that links all the book records that link to this specific author.

How could I do this. without having to link all the book records from the Authors table manually?

Thanks!
O

3 Replies 3

When you create a Linked Record Field in the Books Table then a twin column is automatically created in the Authors Table. Every time you link an author to a book in the Books table it will add that book to the field in the Authors table.

So I think you should already have what you require. Look in the Authors table for a linked record field that contains multiple books. You can rename it Bibliography.

Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hm, I see. In my case, a have already a somewhat big database and I don’t have that field. It might be that I deleted it then. Is there a way of recreating this after the fact?

best
o

Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Ah, my bad. It is there, but it had a different name, that’s why I didn’t see it. Thank you for your help!