1433 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DTL
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'm running into a problem. I have a "projects" table and then I have a "tasks" table. In the tasks table. Within the tasks table, certain tasks are subtasks/child tasks. Under each project, the tasks for that project appear. I have nesting enabled. The nesting works for the parent/child task. But the child task appears twice in the same list both as a subtask/child task as well as a parent task (without subtasks). It isn't a duplicate record. It's the same record. When I make changes to the record, the same change is immediately reflected in the alternative record. Not sure why it is doing this.

5 Replies 5

Hm, is your data set up something like this? 

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 10.16.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 10.16.47 PM.png

Yes

Hmm, then that might be working as intended I'm afraid.  If you didn't want "Task E" to show up in the list view as its own record inside "Project 1", you would have to unlink it from the project entirely. 

I agree that it's pretty confusing and am not aware of any ways around this.  Perhaps you could open a ticket with customer support to see if they have any suggestions? 

DavidW
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Following up here - this behavior for subtasks should now be fixed. Subtasks can now have linked records to the record in the higher level directly without being rendered multiple times.

Records can still appear multiple times in a few other situations though. In your example, this could happen if you assign the same task to multiple projects.

Is there a way to visualize deeper levels of nesting in the list view (i.e. for this example, Task F that is a subtast of Task E)?