cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LondonBalling
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I added a Table2 where i want to pull data from Table1

In Table2 i added a Column called “link to Table1” and i made it “Link field type to Table1”

Then i started to adding Columns in Table2 that i made “Look up type”

Example:
in Table1
Column1 (Name): John

in Table2
Column1: Link to Table1
Column2 (Name) Look up “Name” from “Table1”:

But when i fill a record on Table1, Table2 ignores all and nothing is happening, any idea?

14 Replies 14

This was immensely helpful @Justin_Barrett! I appreciate you taking the time to put this together. I’ll let you know if I have any questions.

Danielle_Goh

Why isn’t my URL showing up in the lookup field? In other words, the hyperlink is not showing up in the lookup field.

Welcome to the community, @Danielle_Goh! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Sorry for the delayed reply. Could you describe your setup in more detail? Table and field names, field types, etc. would be a huge help.

Thanks, Justin for the warm welcome!

I have a shadow table that’s linked to WordPress and I update the shadow table through the lookup function automatically. In the overview section, I have a hyperlink in a paragraph of text but in the shadow table, the hyperlink does not appear.

What do you mean when you say that you “update the shadow table through the lookup function”? There is no lookup function in Airtable; there’s a lookup field type, but that relies on links being made to other records, and that may point to the source of your problem. If you’re not making links between records, the lookup field won’t have any data to look up.