5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi fellow community members,
In the Tool I am building to follow-up auctions, i created 2 tables:
Table 1: “list of lots in auction”
Capture d’écran 2022-05-31 à 11.37.19
Table 2: “Price obs table” in which i made a link with Table 1
Capture d’écran 2022-05-31 à 11.38.18

My target is, in table 1, to retrieve info from fields “Max Bid Price”, “Max Bid Calculation” and “No bid” fields from table 2 linked with the concerned record.

Lookup field trial has failed.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks for your help :winking_face:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Adam_C, thanks for your input, meanwhile, I found the reason of my issue: i linked in a former field Table 2 to Table 1 but I renamed it, so that by creating a second link field, data was not pulled. In other words: do not create 2 linkfields to the same table! Thanks anyway to have spent time analyzing my problem which is now solved! :ok_hand: :clap:

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Sylvain_Poncele

As additional info, I created in table 1 a linkfield to table 2 “Price obs” and created a lookup field with max bid price field link with no result. (see pics)
I thought the reason was the empty name of the record but even with info in name field, no result
Capture d’écran 2022-05-31 à 12.20.25
Capture d’écran 2022-05-31 à 12.20.09

Hm, in your screenshot, the field price obs table in the table List of lots in auction is empty. In order for the lookup field to display anything, it needs to have a linked field to pull data from.

Could you try adding links in the field price obs table and seeing whether the lookup field updates?

Hi Adam_C, thanks for your input, meanwhile, I found the reason of my issue: i linked in a former field Table 2 to Table 1 but I renamed it, so that by creating a second link field, data was not pulled. In other words: do not create 2 linkfields to the same table! Thanks anyway to have spent time analyzing my problem which is now solved! :ok_hand: :clap: