Help

Make Iconik or Youtube videos playable WITHIN a base?

818 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christopherogle
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey everyone,

We're currently building a "content library" of video clips in AT... And instead of having our editors click a URL that takes them "out" of Airtable... I'd love for them to have a way to just play the video from WITHIN Airtable itself. Is there a way to do this?

One thing to mention is that we are using Iconik for our media storage. So the code (or extension) would need to pull from/integrate with Iconik into Airtable. 

The purpose is just to make things easier/faster for our editors to click and play clips from within Airtable... instead of having to open a new tab every time they want to see a clip. 

Hope that makes sense! Thanks in advance for your help. 

4 Replies 4

The only way to do that in Airtable -- and it will only work with YouTube videos -- is to use the URL Preview extension.

(Note that extensions will not run in interfaces.)

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeap, you could build a custom extension for this.  Airtable actually has a template you can start with and it's fairly easy to modify, so if you know someone familiar with JavaScript you can just ask them to take a look at it for you; probably like 1-3 hours of work

There's a possibility that something on Iconik's side would prevent you from loading it up within an extension like that though

Thanks, Adam! Is this something you (or your team) are able to do? If so, please reach out to me at christopher@performancegolf.com — we're looking to hire a consultant for this asap. Thanks!

P.S. We'd also be open to uploading the clips to YouTube and pulling from there if Iconik has any issues

Yeap, happy to help; I'll send you an email!