900 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chintan_Savali1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am not getting the markdown result while using the web clipper block. Currently, testing it for Linkedin jobs. But getting the simple text result even without the line breaks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I stand corrected! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Thank you @Chintan_Savaliya for linking the documentation too!

Okay, so upon further investigation it appears that the Web Clipper app will support any markdown added after Web Clipper clips the information from the page.

So the order of operations would be:

1. Clip from the page
  2. Add any markdown you’d like saved to the record:
    Hippopotamus+-+Wikipedia+2021-04-26+at+9.06.36+AM
  3. Click “Add Record” . When viewing that record in Airtable you’ll then see the markdown styles applied:
    Demo+Lessonly+Base_+Tours+-+Airtable+2021-04-26+at+9.07.55+AM (1)

Sorry the wording on the support article didn’t make that immediately clear. I’ll be updating it shortly for clarity. Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Hello @Chintan_Savaliya!

Currently our Web Clipper App doesn’t support returning markdown. If you need more precise results, the Web Clipper App does support using CSS selectors to capture default values if that would be helpful for your workflow.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

Hi, @Rose_K ! Thanks for your response.

I see in the markdown documentation that web clipper does support it.

Let me know If I understood it wrong or how to correct it. Thanks a lot!

I stand corrected! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Thank you @Chintan_Savaliya for linking the documentation too!

Okay, so upon further investigation it appears that the Web Clipper app will support any markdown added after Web Clipper clips the information from the page.

So the order of operations would be:

1. Clip from the page
  2. Add any markdown you’d like saved to the record:
    Hippopotamus+-+Wikipedia+2021-04-26+at+9.06.36+AM
  3. Click “Add Record” . When viewing that record in Airtable you’ll then see the markdown styles applied:
    Demo+Lessonly+Base_+Tours+-+Airtable+2021-04-26+at+9.07.55+AM (1)

Sorry the wording on the support article didn’t make that immediately clear. I’ll be updating it shortly for clarity. Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

Jenna_Moakley
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This is exactly how it works. You would have to manually format it in the clipper then it will show up in the record field in the Airtable base table. I apologize if I did not make that much clear in the other post @Chintan_Savaliya.

Thanks @Rose_K This is perfect!